Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tube: Trace Adkins

Years ago I heard stories about women fainting at Trace Adkins concerts when he started to dance. LOL. I have been to a few shows and, although I enjoyed them a lot, I absolutley did not faint (nor did anyone near me)! Over the years, I have had several opportunities to meet him over the years and one of my fondest (or scariest??) memories is when I attended a celebrity golf tournament in San Diego about 7 years ago.


My friends Michelle, Dawn, and I thought it would be fun to wait on a bench on the sidewalk at the end of the 18th hole and greet all the players as they came off the course. Well, what seemed like a great idea almost turned into a tragic incident. Trace was playing the 18th hole and somehow completely missed the hole and headed for me!!! I heard a loud wizzing sound near my right ear and felt a small breeze as the ball nearly hit me in the head. I hit the grass on my belly as fast as I could and when the coast was clear I got up on my knees to look over at Trace. He was quickly turning red and shaking his head in embarrassment. That was a close one! I retrieved the ball and still have it today--signed by an apologetic Trace, of course!

(Image is linked to 4Shared download)

2 comments:

Aymee said...

Love them all, but this one is great! LOL

Michelle Koenig said...

Lu - I was just telling Scott this story a few weeks ago as we drove down the 15 towards SD and passed that course. It's still a great memory all these years later.